Monday, April 16, 2018

Second and third of twelve mini quilts 2018

                     

Thanks to the #12minisin12months sew-along hosted by Kait over at Knot and Thread Design, my mini quilt wall is growing! So glad I jumped on board with this sew-along.


Here's my little cross & star block finished for February. This block has been on my mind since seeing Taunja's over at Carried Away Quilting - gorgeous! 


Straight-line quilting is my thing and it fits perfectly with this one-block mini quilt. I'm thinking I might need a bigger quilt made with this block.


My favorite print from Bonnie & Camille's Daysail fabric line is so cute to see up on the wall.


My finish for March was a slight variation of the star & cross block - added a square in the center of the cross. I just needed to see how it would look.



Such a pretty little finish using my favorite print form Fig Tree & Co.'s Strawberry Fields fabric line.


Again, straight line grid quilting for the quilting win. Lines are 3/8" apart. So, so much fun quilting up both of these mini quilts. They both make me smile, but I think the star & cross might be my favorite (I'm a bit partial to plus blocks : )

Quilt Stats:
Fabric:  Daysail by Bonnie & Camille for Moda
             Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree & Co for Moda
             Bella Solids by Moda
Batting: Flannel
Piecing & Quilting thread:  Aurifil
Size: 12.5" x 12.5"

Happy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors: