Sunday, April 22, 2012

Let's Revisit Essence Table Topper


Here is my second entry for the Festival of Half Square Triangles hosted by Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations.  Linky party runs from April 16 - 22.



This table topper has been documented already, but let's revisit it because I'm kinda proud of it. It represents my very first try at half square triangles (HSTs).  And, I think they turned out pretty darn good.  To think I would have never tried them, at least not yet, if not for the encouragement of my dear husband to try something new. He things they are cool, loves that you can get some many different looks just by twisting them this way and that.


Here it is layered and ready to be basted. (the best photo I have of it, I think).


This one will always be special to me because of the teamwork of myself and my husband that went into it. It all started when I picked up Big Block Quilts by Moose on the Porch Quilts (love this little book) on sale at a local store.  My husband flipped through it a bit when he saw it lying around.

          DH:  These look cool. You should try something like this.
          Me:  Really? I don't think I'm ready for triangles.
          DH:  Yes, you are. Go for it.  I think you will like them.

And I do, a lot.

Linking up with the Festival of Half Square Triangles linky party.

4 comments:

  1. I love half square triangles and have found several methods I enjoy. But I especially love log cabin quilts and the way you have arranged these make it look just like one! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anna! I love the table topper :) And I just nominated you for the Liebster Blog award :) Check it out! http://myquiltdiet.blogspot.com/2012/05/holy-cow.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments from visitors: