Wednesday, July 25, 2018

July - 12 minis in 12 months 2018 - Scrappy Fig Tree


Had such a difficult time settling on what to do this month for #12minisin12months by  Knot and Thread Design.  Played around with a BUNCH of ideas but just couldn't get started with one UNTIL I came across this little baggie of HSTs leftover from a previous project. Within an afternoon I had this little cutie finished. When inspiration strikes, it's a very good thing : )

Loving these little bits of Fig Tree goodness. This line is California Girl for Moda Fabrics. 



Once I got started, I wondered if I'd be able to finish - working with such little pieces was a bit more than I bargained for.  (Those little HST squares finish at 1". 1"!!!) But, I took a deep breath and decided to take my time. Turns out that sometimes slowing down helps to finish quicker. Who knew : )


Did a little straight line grid quilting. Went with 1/2" this time. Like how the corners mimic the center.



There is something very satisfying about using these little scrappy leftover bits. Even most of the background is leftover bits that were lying on my cutting table. Went with matching binding to use up even more leftovers. Loving the simplicity.



This is the quickest, most unplanned quilt I've ever made. So, so fun. I think I need more quilts like this : )


Quilt Stats:
Fabric:  California Girl by Fig Tree & Co for Moda
Batting: Flannel
Piecing and Quilting thread:  Aurifil
Size: 12" x 12"

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! It’s so fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes simple is best : ) Thank you so much for stopping bye.

      Delete
  2. The unexpected, unplanned projects are always so fun. When I work on projects like that it's like it unleashes some inner creativity bug inside me. :) I love your little mini, and the soft coloring of it. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from visitors: