Saturday, June 16, 2018

June - 12 minis in 12 months 2018 - Mini Charm Fun with Nest



Hello Quilty Friends! It's only mid month and I'm excited to be presenting my June mini quilt for #12minisin12months by Kait over at Knot and Thread Design and it's accompanying tutorial! Yes, the pattern is a repeat of May's mini, but as I have received several requests for a pattern I thought I'd make it up again and write up a tutorial as I went.


Ah! Nest is just as nice to work with as I anticipated. Love the blues! and greens! and grays! and cheerful pops of pink. Probably going to be sharing other projects with this lovely fabric line by Vanessa over at Lella Boutique.


This is an excellent start, but, yes, most definitely need to make more with Nest.  Here are a few of my favorite prints...

 




Oh! and more stripe binding!! Loving it, even more so when I get the stripes to match up, which is not as difficult as I thought it was going to be.  A bit fiddly, but very doable.




Simple quilting with a touch of cross hatch in the corners, which makes my quilty heart happy : )


Per request, I am excited to share my first ever tutorial in this little quilt tutorial. You can find it here.

Quilt Stats:
Fabric:  Nest by Lella Boutique for Moda
Batting: Flannel
Piecing & Quilting thread:  Aurifil
Size: 23.5" x 23.5"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors: