Friday, May 4, 2018

April - 12 minis in 12 months 2018 - Mirabelle



Very pleased to share my April mini for #12minisin12months sew along hosted by Kait over at Knot and Thread Design.


I have had this mini charm pack of Mirabelle by Fig Tree and Co. in my stash for a few years and this year I just needed to make up into something.



Here in Minnesota spring has been late in arriving this year. So, if Mother Nature won't give me spring color, I'll make my own : )


It turned out SO pretty. I'm glad I settled on a simple layout. It was meant to have a border, but when I finished quilting it and saw my design sheet, I realized I had forgotten it.  Oops! Straight line quilting on each side of each seam to keep it simple.


Quilt Stats:
Fabric:  Mirabelle by Fig Tree & Co for Moda
Batting: Flannel
Piecing & Quilting thread:  Aurifil
Size: 18" x 18"

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the straight stitch on each side of the seam. I can't wait to do this on my next square quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see how your quilt turns out. Happy quilting!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wanting to make a baby quilt with this design and color scheme. But I'm not finding a pattern or pre-cut fabric packs that match. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks! LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by : )
      Here is a link to an on point patchwork tutorial.
      https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/patchwork-on-point-quilt-tutorial
      Regarding the fabric, it is a fabric line called Mirabelle by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda Fabrics and is about 7 years old, long out of print. I do have a charm pack of this fabric I'd be willing to sell to you, if you're interested. Alternating a charm square with a plain background square, you will have enough to make a baby quilt, and a very pretty one at that! Just let me know if you are interested in the charm pack. My email - a4nelle @ yahoo com

      Delete
  4. Hi Anna did you already sell the mirabelle charm pack? If not I’d be interested in buying it. Thanks! I tried to use the email address you posted above but it did not work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I still have the charm pack. Try this email - a4nelle@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. Hi Anna that email worked and I have sent you an email thanks!

      Delete

Comments from visitors: