Sunday, April 8, 2018

Winter Blues wallhanging - First of twelve mini quilts 2018





Hi!
This year I'm joining in a fun, yearlong sew-along put together by Kait over at Knot and Thread Design - 12 Minis in 12 Months (over on Instagram- #12minisin12months) . My home is in need of a few small wallhangings and for some time now I have wanted to start a mini-quilt wall in my sewing corner. What a great way to stay motivated throughout the year.


This Winter Blues wallhanging is my first mini quilt for 2018. I pulled some small yardage pieces of Snowman Gatherings and Snowman Gatherings II fabric from my stash bin and settled on a super fun pattern of Sherri's (A Quilting Life) - Hope Chest Quilt.




This little wallhanging was really a lot of fun to piece. Love how you piece four blocks and get a surprise fifth block when its all together. (Hilarious/slap forehead moment - had a brain glitch when cutting squares for HST - completely forgot you got two HST from each square set. Duh! Now I have enough triangles pieced for another wallhanging just like this one : )




A little walking foot quilting and ta da! cute finish just perfect for January going into February in Minnesota. 


QUILT STATS
Fabric: Snowman Gatherings & Snowman Gatherings II by Primitive Gatherings for Moda Fabrics
Bella solid - 9900 98
Batting: Flannel
Piecing & quilting Thread:  Aurifil #2615 & #2021
Size: 24"x24
"

Happy quilting, Folks!



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors: