Monday, February 13, 2017

Winter Blues runner


Turning this selection of prints from the Town Square collection by Holly Taylor for Moda into a long log-cabin-block runner was the plan from the moment I first saw this fabric collection.  I have always wanted to work up a one color quilt. These blues were the perfect opportunity! (Blue is my favorite color : )


These blocks worked up so fast. Pieces can be cut and pieced in the traditional piecing method, but I chose to strip piece these. I tried this method with Autumn Beauty Runner and loved how quickly the blocks went together. Again, I pre-pressed the fabric with Best Press and came up the same results - crisp, flat blocks!



Straight line quilting was just the perfect touch - clean and simple. Love it! Makes me smile every time I walk past it : ) Hmm, is that totally silly or totally understandable???


             I also love a good quilt roll : ) and 84" makes a good one!













This blue-loving family couldn't be happier with how this runner turned out. It was such a joy working on this quilt. My "winter blues" are now history.  So, so glad I pushed through my creating doldrum and made that first cut.



It's going to work just fine on the entertainment center until it's time to put out something for spring. (Yes, that's one last little bit of Christmas still out. Just not ready to put it away yet.) My young teenage son said it's his favorite quilt. Score one for mom! : )


Doubles as a bedrunner - two for one!


Quilt Stats:
Fabric: Town Square by Holly Taylor for Moda
Batting: Dream Cotton
Backing:  Kona cotton
Binding: Moda marbles
Size: 14"x 84"

Joyful day, everyone!


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love how you arranged all the fabric colors in each block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous table runner and I am wondering if you have the instructions or sizes of each piece to make this. It fits in with what I am trying to do in our house. Thank you for showing us all the beautiful things you make. Ann Belcham (annmade2@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, So lovely to see you visiting my blog. There is now a patter available for this quilt. You will find it in my shop (link at the top of this blog) under the name Cozy Cabin. Happy quilting!

      Delete

Comments from visitors: