Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Strawberry Fields Jelly Roll Quilt

Oh, what a beauty!
Her story...


Christmas 2011 I received one of the best gifts ever from my dear husband and children - a Strawberry Fields jelly roll!  My very first jelly roll! I was SO excited! But what to make with it??? It sat on my little shelf for a few years. Little ones got there little hands on it and "disturbed" its perfectness. I started a board on pinterest and over the years pinned pics of various quilts made with Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree for Moda fabrics. My heart became set on seeing it made up into strip sets yet I couldn't settle on a pattern. I didn't want it to be "boring." So many times I almost cut into it but got interrupted and lost interest in whatever pattern I had settled on.

Then a couple years ago I was introduced to Instagram (you can find me there as freshdewdrops : ) and a whole new world of inspiration opened up (as if Pinterest wasn't enough ;) Anywho, in June of this year inspiration struck when my eyes lighted on a pattern by @corianderquilts called Prairie Blooms. I had found it! Pattern match for my Strawberry Fields jelly roll! Simple strip pattern yet pretty and unique. I set to work almost immediately.


Working out my strip sets.



Laying out blocks.

Nicely ironed quilt top (getting close to finish : )

Gentle wave quilting for the win - adds a bit of softness and flow.

It was SO much fun to finally make with this jelly roll.  I thoroughly enjoyed every step and working with all the different prints.  Here are a few of my favorite sets:


The red check is the best red check ever designed, in my opinion.


Love the buttery yellows and the not-blue-not-green pond color.


It's not often that I like a fabric line because of its name and actually love its colors and prints and everything, but Strawberry Fields has it all. It's special.


Strawberry season is one of my favorite times of year. This quilt will always hold a special place in my heart as it reminds me of sun-warmed strawberries, green grass, juice stained fingers, early summer breezes, and best of all - good times with my family.



Who can resist a cute rolled quilt : )

or a quilt blowing in the breeze?

Quilt stats:
Fabric:  Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda
Batting:  Quilters Dream wool
Backing:  Strawberry Fields Revisited
Binding:  Solid from Strawberry Fields
Pattern:  Prairie Blooms by Coriander Quilts

Size:  Approximately 60"x72"

Joyful day, everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post! Beautiful quilt! Makes me think of northern summers....miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post! Beautiful quilt! Makes me think of northern summers....miss them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from visitors: